Re: perlsub - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Daniel Staal
Subject Re: perlsub
Date
List pgsql-novice
--On Sunday, October 5, 2003 18:53 +0200 Nabil Sayegh
<postgresql@e-trolley.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> The snippet was just an example.
> What I really want(ed) to do was arbitrary regex search/replace.

I think your problem is that Perl only does one level of
interpolation: variables in variables just don't get looked at.

You might be able to do this in a two-level search/replace: the first
finds the values in the data string, and the second replaces
placeholders with the correct values, but I'm not exactly sure if it
would work.

I'd take this to a Perl forum.  You need an expert.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.